This quote speaks volumes to me. I frequently have great intentions; unfortunately, implementing them sometimes gets in the way. I know that no matter how wonderful my ideas are, if I don’t put my ideas into action I might as well have never thought them at all. Ultimately, no one knows the difference.
This year, I’ve committed to doing 100 Days of Kindness, which you can read about here. Will I stop at 100? Absolutely! This “doing good for others” stuff is for the birds! (Yes, that’s a joke.)
Since the idea of 100 Acts of Kindness is kind of daunting, I thought I’d put a list together of just some of the different ways we can put this plan into action.
Best of all, it’s really easy to turn your clutter into kindness! Here are some easy ways to declutter and spread good in the world at the same time.
- Use old stationery or cards to send a letter to a friend
- Give old or unneeded towels to an animal shelter
- Donate old clothes
- Share a book you’ve already read with a friend
- Turn stored food into a meal you can share with others
And even more ideas to get you started:
- Pay for another person’s order. This is great in a drive-thru or perhaps choosing a random table in a restaurant as you leave. Or order some “Suspended Coffees” (check out their facebook page here) where you pay for the next order(s) after your own
- Leave a larger-than-necessary tip
- Take dinner to a friend
- Take treats to your local police officers or firemen
- Do your husband’s least favorite chore for him
- Do your kid’s least favorite chores for them
- Leave a surprise note for someone
- Give someone a surprise gift for no reason
- Give someone a back rub
- Give someone a foot rub
- Visit residents at a nursing home
- Donate (money, time, gifts) to a Children’s Hospital
- Give a stranger a compliment
- Help someone with a difficult task
- Hold the door for someone (or a lot of people!)
- Give an overdue apology/forgiveness
- Write a note of appreciation
- Hand out lottery tickets
- Tell a manager about great employee/service
- Leave a nice blog comment (you could do this one now!) 🙂
These 20 ideas are a great starting point, but 21-100 will be posted soon so be sure to check back.
To read more about this challenge or for additional ideas click:
What are your favorite ways of showing kindness? I’d love to add them to the list.