This quote speaks volumes to me. I frequently have great intentions; unfortunately, implementing them sometimes gets in the way. I know that no matter how wonderful my ideas are, if I don’t put my ideas into action I might as well have never thought them at all. Ultimately, no one knows the difference.
This year, I’ve committed to doing 100 Days of Kindness, which you can read about here. Will I stop at 100? Absolutely! This “doing good for others” stuff is for the birds! (Yes, that’s a joke.)
Since the idea of 100 Acts of Kindness is kind of daunting, I thought I’d put a list together of just some of the different ways we can put this plan into action. The following are ideas 1-20:
- Pay for another person’s order. This is great in a drive thru or perhaps choosing a random table in restaurant as you leave. Or order some “Suspended Coffees” (check out their facebook page here) where you pay for the next order(s) after your own
- Leave a larger than necessary tip
- Take dinner to a friend
- Take treats to your local police officers or firemen
- Do your husband’s least favorite chore for him
- Do your kid’s least favorite chores for them
- Leave a surprise note for someone
- Give someone a surprise gift for no reason
- Give someone a back rub
- Give someone a foot rub
- Visit residents at a nursing home
- Donate (money, time, gifts) to a Children’s Hospital
- Give a stranger a compliment
- Help someone with a difficult task
- Hold the door for someone (or a lot of people!)
- Give an overdue apology/forgiveness
- Write a note of appreciation
- Hand out lottery tickets
- Tell a manager about great employee/service
- Leave a nice blog comment (you could do this one now!) 🙂
These 20 ideas are a great starting point, but 21-100 will be posted soon so be sure to check back.
To read more about this challenge or for additional ideas click:
What are your favorite ways of showing kindness? I’d love to add them to the list.
Carrie This Home
That quote speaks volumes to me too! I also have the problem of having great intentions but not carrying them out. I love your list…all of them are great ideas. Imagine what the world would be like if we all did just a couple of these! Thanks for sharing this! Pinning it now!
I know! The world would be a much better place if kindness was prioritized. Thanks for visiting, Carrie! 🙂
I love the inspiration of how you can do random acts of kindness! Thanks
I love the ideas you shared on random acts of kindness. I have decided to doo a random act of kindness every day for the new year. The ideas you shared have given me a great sta rt. Thank you for sharing!