This post contains affiliate links.
When it comes to the holidays and decorating cookies, Christmas probably comes to mind for most people, but Halloween is one of my most favorite holidays to bake for.
I love creating little treats to surprise my kids, and these really couldn’t be easier to make.
With a little frosting, the right decorative tip, and some candy, you can easily transform regular old cookies into spooky mummies fit for a Halloween party or lunch.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies
To start, you’ll want to make the cookies.
You can make a batch from scratch or buy a premade cookie dough like these Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies.
You’ll also need:
- M&Ms Candies
- Vanilla Frosting (Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting)
- Black Food Coloring (AmeriColor is the absolute best food coloring I’ve ever used, by far!)
- Decorating Bags
- Basket Weave Decorating Cake Tip (Wilton #46)
- In a small bowl combine 5 oz. frosting with 2-3 drops black food coloring.
- Attach basket weave decorating tip to your piping bag and fill with grey icing.
- With a knife, cover half of the top of your cookie with white vanilla icing.
- Affix two M&M candy eyes onto the white frosting.
- Use your piping bag to pipe various lines across the top of the cookie representing the shrouds that the mummy would be wrapped in.
- Repeat until all the cookies are covered.
Such a cute cookie! My kids will LOVE these!
Thanks, Angeline! 🙂
These look so cute and easy to make!
Thanks, Valerie! They really are easy, which is my favorite kind of treat to make 🙂
This is incredible! I love the idea of doing something fun and spooky without being unfamily friendly. Wait, is “unfamily” a word? Anyway, thanks for sharing! – Jerusha, TheDisneyChef.com
It’s a word now! Thanks, Jerusha. 🙂
What a fun idea, Emily! I love all the Halloween ideas!
Thank you for sharing this week at Brag About It link party on VMG206 (Mondays at Midnight).
~ Megin of VMG206
I love these!
So festive and fun!
How cute are these?! These would be such a hit with kiddos 🙂 Thanks for sharing with us at # HomeMattersParty
These are so cute
Laura | Food Fun Family
These look amazing! Thanks for sharing with the Delicious Dishes Recipe party!
My pleasure! Thanks for hosting and stopping by, Laura 🙂