I’m excited to be back today to share my October 2015 income report.
If you’re thinking, “Why in the world is she sharing such personal information?” Trust me, I’m right there with you. I’ll be honest, it’s uncomfortable to put this info out there. I know some people may be surprised that a blog can actually make money while others may be thinking, “That’s all she makes?!” Sharing these definitely opens me up to criticism and questions, but my hope is that they’ll ultimately be helpful.
I did my first income report last month, and I explained my reasons then too, but just in case this is your first time stopping by or viewing an income report, my reason for sharing is simply that I want to help others who are interested in earning a living through blogging. I have been so inspired by the income reports that I’ve read. They’ve shown me exactly what’s possible in blogging, and given me ideas on how to improve, and I’d be thrilled to help someone else build and grow their own blog with a little glimpse behind the scenes of mine.
October 2015 Blog & Income Report
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclosures page.
- AdThrive – $1,734
- Adsense – $316.53
- Printables (This Organized Life printable set and my Etsy shop) – $831
- Sponsored Posts – $325 (Plus approximately $375 in free product)
- Bluehost (from my How to Start a Blog post) – $0
- Amazon Associates – $19.08
- Paid guest post – $35
Total Income: $3,260.61
- Synthesis hosting – $0 ($127 for next three months paid in Sept. 2015)
- Mailchimp – $105 (though I’ve recently switched to ConvertKit)
- ConvertKit – $0 (last month of a free trial)
- Tech support – $45
- Co-schedule – $0 (paid $108 for the year in February)
- Tailwind – $0 (paid $120 for the year in June)
- BlogVault – $9
- Instapage – $0 (paid in Sept for 12 months)
- Etsy expenses – $56.60
- Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers ebook – $0 (purchased last month, but I’m still working my way through it)
- PO Box – $0 (paid $62 for 12 months in February)
- PicMonkey – $5
- Gumroad Transaction fees – $24.45
Total Expenses – $245.05
September 2015 Profit – $3,015.56 (plus $375 in free product)
Top Posts for September 2015
- The biggest decluttering mistake you don’t know you’re making
- Creative Halloween Treats
- 1 Simple trick for hiding cords and wires
- Free Printable 2016 Monthly Calendar
- Ideas for Creating the Perfect Playroom
In September 2015 I had 239,628 pageviews, which was my best month to date. Very exciting. 🙂 Then in October, I reached a new milestone and had 300,163 pageviews!
Now I can already tell you that November won’t be nearly as high because I took some time off and scaled back (a lot!) on promoting. We even took a little (much needed) family vacation! To tell you the truth, I think I burned myself out a bit by posting every day in October, but it’s exciting to see my pageviews for all that work. As I shared in my last report, I only broke 100,000 pageviews for the first time five or six months ago so I’m still kind of pinching myself.
New subscribers: 2,481
Total subscribers: 12,631
I started transferring all of my subscribers from MailChimp to ConvertKit at the end of October/early November, and so far I’ve been pretty happy. I really haven’t used it as much as I should’ve because I’ve taken a lot of time off this month, but I have no complaints.
Alright, just a couple days, and it’ll be time to get November’s report ready! I can’t believe it’s already the holiday season, and 2016 is just around the corner. #kindoffreakingout
Thanks so much for reading, and for all your kind comments after my first report. If you have any questions about anything I’ve written, please let me know.
I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. I’m going to close up my computer and run to the kitchen to get some things prepped for my favorite meal of the year!
Want to grow your blog?
Ever wondered how I broke through my 2 year blogging plateau, gained more than 45,000 e-mail subscribers, and created a thriving blog? If I can do it, you can do it too!
Subscribe here to be the first to know all about my new blogging project. I'm sharing all my secrets and not holding anything back!